What is a WordPress developer?
A WordPress developer is responsible for front-end and back-end development of WordPress; an open-source content management system. They design and create custom plugins and modules for the system as functionally required by organisations. Essentially, they use WordPress’s software to create digital content and publish it online.
WordPress developer duties and tasks can include:
- Coordinating a businesses website architecture
- Liaising with clients to discuss website design and functionality
- Designing database and service integrations
- Generating themes and plugins
- Conducting troubleshooting and website performance tests.
These technical tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced as they are repetitive and rules-based, requiring a high level of attention to detail. Organisations free up their local web development teams time by sending these tasks to outsourced WordPress developers. This allows your onshore team to focus on higher value work.