What is an insurance claims processor?
An insurance claims processor is responsible for handling all insurance claims that come through on behalf of insurance companies. They are responsible for deciding whether or not an insurance company will ultimately pay a claim by verifying and investigating these claims.
Insurance claims processor duties and tasks can include:
- Reviewing claim submissions
- Obtaining and verifying information
- Correspondence with insurance agents and beneficiaries
- Preparing claim forms
- Record management and maintenance of insurance policies and claims in database systems
- Determining policy coverage and payout claim amounts.
These insurance claims processing tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced as they are repetitive and rules-based, requiring a high level of attention to detail. By sending these transactional finance tasks out to an outsourced claims processor, organisations can free up their local team’s time to focus on performing value-added, revenue generating work.