What is a payroll processor?
A payroll processor is responsible for exactly that, processing the payroll for employees of an organisation. They are responsible for ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and correctly.
Payroll processing duties and tasks can include:
- Validating employee work hours
- Calculating wages
- Verifying employee time and attendance
- Handling payroll queries
- Resolving payroll discrepancies
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Interpreting enterprise agreements and awards.
These payroll processing tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced as they are repetitive and rule-based, requiring a high level of attention to detail. By sending these transactional accounting tasks to an offshore payroll specialist, you are able to free up your local accounting teams time to nurture client relationships and perform value-added, revenue generation work.