What is an administration assistant?
An administration assistant is responsible for performing all day-to-day administrative functions of a business. Most transactional, time-consuming tasks that are administrative in nature get assigned to administration assistants. These include answering incoming calls, organising documentation and filing, and additional functions such as payroll, banking and general admin duties. They can also be called an administration or office clerk, or receptionist in some cases.
Administration assistant duties and tasks can include:
- Distributing communications, such as phone messages or mail, to relevant members of an organisation
- Generating reports, memos or meeting minutes
- Filing paperwork and organising documents or folders
- Transcription work and proofreading
- Additional duties as appropriate to the organisation in which they are employed.
These administrative tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local administration teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced administration assistants. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.