Why should NDIS businesses outsource?
Plan management businesses are notorious for having copious amounts of back office admin including a plethora of invoices for processing. In 2016, Australia had over 4,000 registered providers and almost 30,000 participants. Fast forward to 2021, and the number of participants has increased to around 466,000 across 16,500 registered providers1. You can begin to see how heavily in demand plan managers really are. Many plan managers are currently not in a position to invest into growing their support coordination market share as they struggle on the other side of the business with staff attrition.
On top of this, there exists a global talent shortage, with nearly 69% of businesses2 having difficulty sourcing and retaining skilled talent. With the pandemic alone pushing global unemployment over the 200 million mark3, it would be fair to assume that employers might ‘have their pick’ from a large pool of quality, skilled workers who suffered because of sudden employment losses or financial turmoil during this time. However, there is research to suggest that applicants are now in control4, wanting more value-based benefits from potential employers rather than just financial gain.
Considering alternative resourcing strategies, like outsourcing, is a way NDIS businesses can open up to a global pool of quality talent and reap the following benefits:
- Cost savings: Outsourcing can save your business money by having day-to-day tasks completed in a lower-cost economy, where employment costs are up to 70% less.
- Expert support: Outsourcing providers are experts in providing insights and advice at each stage of the outsourcing process. Their expert advice can help your business get the best out of your outsourcing journey and ensure it is optimised for success.
- Improve business flexibility and availability: Outsourcing can help your business become more agile and flexible by opening up 24/7 availability.
- Business growth: Outsourcing can free up funds that can be used to reinvest back into the growth of your business. With the additional support of an offshore team member(s), you can increase the capacity for your business to take on more work.
- Improved staff satisfaction rates: Outsourcing can help you to identify roles and tasks that would be best suited to send to an offshore employee. That way, your local team can focus on what they do best and what motivates them, improving job satisfaction for employees in the long run.