What is a data analyst?
A data analyst is responsible for collecting, analysing and organising relevant data to assist with decision making. In an organisational setting, the data analysed is used to identify ways to reduce costs, increase revenue and improve efficiencies. They are experts at translating large volumes of statistical information and data into a much more consolidated form for senior stakeholders.
Data analyst duties and tasks can include:
- Liaising with managers and key stakeholders to prioritise analytical needs
- Collecting and interpreting data in accordance with business requirements
- Analysing collated data and interpreting the findings back to the business
- Identifying trends within data sets and communicating the impact of these trends to relevant stakeholders
- Database management and maintenance
- Ensuring that the data analysis process is up-to-date and provides accurate output.
These analytical tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local data management teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced data analysts. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.