What is a broker support officer?
A broker support officer is responsible for providing general administrative support and may also assist with processing loans from application through to settlement. Broker support officers handle a range of tasks, from managing incoming calls and customer service functions to entering loan applications into CRM and preparing formal loan documents for final sign off.
Broker support officer duties and tasks can include:
- Maintaining client accounts and file documentation
- Preparing and proofreading documents
- Conducting relevant market research as directed by brokers
- Generating marketing material and liaising with internal departments to create content
- General administration duties
- Loan processing and ensuring lender submissions are compliant with company and lender policies.
These broker support officer tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced as they are repetitive and rules-based, requiring a high level of attention to detail. By sending these transactional finance tasks out to an outsourced broker support officer, organisations can free up their local team’s time to focus on performing value-added, revenue generating work.