What is a social media specialist?
A social media specialist is responsible for monitoring and creating content to ensure an organisation has a notable presence across relevant social media platforms. They liaise with copywriters, content creators and the design team to create the content being distributed on these platforms based on site metrics and customer feedback. They are experts at keeping up with the latest trends on social media and applying them to an organisation’s profile to attract potential customers and reach target audiences.
Social media specialist duties and tasks can include:
- Develop and plan an organisation’s social media strategy
- Research and define key social media KPIs
- Post and respond to content
- Manage implementation and performance of digital advertising via social media platforms
- Utilise social media marketing tools to oversee social media content
- Analyse and measure the success of social media marketing campaigns and optimise performance.
These marketing tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local marketing teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced social media specialists. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.