What is a bookkeeper?
A bookkeeper is an integral part in the accounting process of any organisation. They are responsible for documenting accurate records of financial transactions and assisting in the production of financial statements for an organisation or accounting firms.
Bookkeeping duties and tasks can include:
- Bank reconciliation
- Payroll processing and maintaining entitlements and employee records
- BAS (Business Activity Statement) preparation and reporting
- Taxable payment reports
- Monthly management and accounting reports
- Checking financial records for accuracy and completeness
- Processing purchases, sales, receipts and payments
- Record keeping
- Accounts payable and receivable
- General ledger and journal entries.
These bookkeeping tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced as they consist largely of repetitive, rules-based work. Sending these transactional accounting tasks to an offshore bookkeeper will free up your local accountants to perform more value-add, long-term revenue generation work such as nurturing client relationships.