What is a digital marketing specialist?
A digital marketing specialist is responsible for planning and developing marketing campaigns through online, digitised content focusing on techniques that boost engagement and brand visibility. They essentially use the internet to promote an organisation’s products and services. The marketing campaigns they create are targeted to get the attention of users of technology like mobiles, computers and portable electronic devices.
Digital marketing specialist duties and tasks can include:
- Developing and implementing optimised online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Liaising with internal marketing teams such as content writers and graphic designers
- Analysing and tracking a digital marketing campaigns to collect data to optimise future campaigns such as content engagement and targeting
- Creating and implementing a digital content schedule for online marketing platforms such as social media
- Tracking digital market trends to incorporate into an organisation’s online marketing strategies.
These marketing tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local marketing teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced digital marketing specialists. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.