What is a video editor?
A video editor is responsible for exactly that, editing videos. They look after pre and post-production changes to films, movies, videos and any recorded content that your organisation creates. They work closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure the best video outcome by essentially, telling a story in the most compelling way to get the desired response from its viewers.
Video editing duties and tasks can include:
- Cutting and rearranging scenes without losing the integrity of the video
- Taking into account audience attention span and length of video content accordingly
- Post-production video enhancements such as CGI, special effects and sound
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand the concept they envision for the finished product
- Adjust video content for different social media platforms as necessary.
These video editing tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local marketing teams’ time (or the need to pay hefty amounts for external editors) by sending these tasks to outsourced video editors. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.