What is an appointment setter?
An appointment setter is responsible for contacting target businesses to arrange for them to meet or speak with a sales representative to discuss the organisation’s products or services and how they might be useful to the prospective business. They possess expert and extensive knowledge of the products and services offered by their organisation and how they will benefit potential customers. Their conversations with customers always have the end goal of creating an appointment or meeting with a sales representative to start a sales conversation.
Appointment setter duties and tasks can include:
- Cold calling prospective clients using leads and customer lists to create appointments for sales representatives
- Connecting with existing customers and discuss new or emerging products and organise meetings to discuss further
- Answering incoming calls and queries from clients
- Keeping up-to-date with product and services on offer by the organisation, including upgrades and promotional packages
- Tracking correspondence from cold calling a customer, to appointment setup and finally, the sale.
These sales tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local sales teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced appointment setters. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.