What is a customer service representative?
A customer service representative is responsible for interacting and liaising with customers to handle queries, complaints, process order requests and provide information on existing and upcoming products and services of an organisation. They are the first point of contact for customers requiring assistance and are experts at solving problems using CRM databases.
Customer service representative duties and tasks can include:
- Maintaining a calm, positive and empathetic attitude when dealing with customer concerns and queries at all times
- Liaising with clients through different channels such as social media platforms, email or phone
- Acknowledging and working to resolve customer complaints or issues
- Using expert product knowledge to process orders and customer applications
- Maintaining records of customer interactions on CRM database systems to keep track of product issues, complaints and past transactions.
These customer service tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local service teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced customer service representatives. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.