What is a CAD operator?
CAD stands for computer aided design. A CAD operator is responsible for drafting plans such as drawings and blueprints for structures or buildings based on organisational requirements. They work with engineers and architects to produce plans for projects such as building, machinery, landscape or anything else that requires a drafted plan layout be outlined.
CAD operator duties and tasks can include:
- Liaising with engineers, designers and architects to understand calculations, equations and instructions of the overall project before beginning CAD
- Notating specific symbols to provide guidance on drawings
- Drafting plans for structures and building designs
- Drawing and revising the layout of exterior and interior of designs
- Monitoring building compliance throughout the CAD design process.
These design tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced CAD operators. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.