What is outsourced chat management?
Outsourcing the chat management component of your customer service entails sending live chat tasks to a person or team outside of your organisation. This is often to offshore locations such as the Philippines.
Chat management can include live chat on your website or via other social or messaging platforms. The engagement is instigated by your customer or potential customer so it’s vital to respond in a timely manner with accurate information. Customers expect prompt responses from your business at all hours of the day and night which can often be difficult to resource and manage internally. By outsourcing chat management, you’ll be able to meet the needs and expectations of your customers in a cost effective manner.
An offshore chat management support team can take care of everything relating to chat including, but not limited to:
- Responding to customer enquiries quickly and accurately
- Directing customers to appropriate outcomes or resolutions
- Escalating issues appropriately
- Engaging with customers in a friendly, professional manner in keeping with brand expectations
- Documenting and maintaining customer contact records.