What is a technical support specialist?
A technical support specialist is responsible for providing technical support and assistance for problems, including software and hardware issues. They are troubleshooting experts and handle a broad range of technical complications such as connection issues and unresponsive applications.
Technical support specialist duties and tasks can include:
- Assisting customers with troubleshooting software issues
- Walking customers through launching new programs and installations
- Providing customers and end-users with technical support documentation
- Recommending alternative software or hardware components to customers
- Controlling customer computers remotely to resolve issues.
These technical tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced as they are repetitive and rules-based, requiring a high level of attention to detail. Organisations free up their local tech teams time by sending specialist IT tasks to outsourced technical support specialists. This allows your onshore team to focus on nurturing client relationships and performing revenue generating work.