What is a telemarketer?
A telemarketer is a phone-based sales representative for an organisation. They are responsible for soliciting orders for products and services by identifying prospective customers and persuading them to purchase company products over the phone. Telemarketers help organisations build their lead databases and increase sales in a volume-based environment.
Telemarketer duties and tasks can include:
- Cold calling using a potential customer call list
- Answering incoming calls and queries from potential customers
- Referencing product scripts to provide customers with service features, prices and benefits
- Liaising with potential customers to identify products and services that match their needs
- Escalating client queries as required.
These telemarketing tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local sales teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced telemarketers. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.