What is a lead generation specialist?
A lead generation specialist is responsible for acquiring, qualifying and evaluating new leads. They identify and pursue leads generated by marketing activities such as social media, advertising or customer referrals. Their primary focus is to continually search for the right business, clients and prospects for organisations to sell to. They are experts at sourcing quality leads to pass over to sales representatives to ensure a more efficient and faster sales process.
Lead generation specialist duties and tasks can include:
- Follow up on leads and conduct market research to identify potential prospects
- Supporting the sales team by conducting lead maintenance and documentation
- Liaising with marketing departments to recommend ways to drive leads and online traffic
- Building prospect relationships by contacting and following up communications to move leads through sales funnel efficiently
- Manage data for new and existing leads in CRM
These sales tasks are particularly well-suited to being outsourced. Organisations free up their local sales teams’ time by sending these tasks to outsourced lead generation specialists. This allows your onshore team to focus on performing higher value, revenue generating work.