While still considered a relatively new industry, the business process outsourcing industry has and will always continue to evolve to meet the needs of the market. Historically, outsourcing was reserved for larger companies and call centres. But, outsourcing is now a strategy that is being implemented by organisations of all sizes, across a variety of industries.
Traditionally, offshore staff were hired to complete the high volume, process driven tasks that local teams didn’t have the capacity to complete. However, this trend has started to shift as many organisations are now utilising offshore staff for more specialised and technical roles. This shift can be attributed in part to a local skills shortage, driving up demand and forcing many organisations to source talent globally.
Here are three examples of more specialist or technical roles that can be very easily outsourced and add incredible value to your organisation.
- SEO and SEM specialist
We’ve seen these roles migrate offshore and with great results. Organisations are accessing very talented offshore specialists that work toward improving search rankings, increase website traffic, boost conversion rates and more. The role of an offshore SEO and SEM specialist involves:
- Analysing and reviewing SEO strategies whilst collaborating with content creators on share-worthy content
- Assisting with ongoing keyword research to identify short and long-tail keyword opportunities and supporting on improving search rankings
- Working with the web dev to ensure all technical SEO requirements are met
- Implementing link building strategies
- Providing regular insights and recommendations on how to further improve upon the website's overall performance.
- Creative graphic designer
We are also seeing many organisations extend their team virtually to help with brand evolution. Graphic designer roles are being outsourced to assist with managing brand guidelines, creative work and more. The role of an offshore graphic designer involves:
- Maintaining the brand’s visual identity
- Managing brand guidelines
- Managing day-to-day design projects from concept/initial design through to completion, such as:
- Social media graphics
- eBooks + whitepapers
- Brochures + flyers
- Digital advertising graphics
- eNewsletters and landing pages
- Web graphics, banners and product imagery.
- Web developers
Web developers have been around for years in the outsourcing industry, however, not to this extent. Offshore web developers are now being hired with more responsibility and accountability. An offshore web dev role involves:
- Website updates and maintenance
- Website performance improvements
- Development of new websites
- Updates to existing websites
- Custom development (integration / website customisations)
- Supporting tech SEO team with implementation of changes as required.
Keeping strategy onshore as the key
The key to successfully implementing an offshore element into your team is to keep your strategy onshore. Our own marketing team is blended and we’ve seen great results over the years. If you’re unsure how a blended offshore/onshore outsourcing model would work, read this blog.